LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Purpose of Collection: marketing, contract, contract-like or other legal relation matters, consumer, customer management and service, internet shopping and other electronic commerce services, investigation, statistics and research analysis, other consulting and consultant services (Legal Specific Purpose Code 040, 069, 090, 148, 157, 182), other business operation in accordance with the business registration, and delegating other person to handle the related matters.
- Classification of Personal Information:
- Types of Identification C001 to C003
- Types of Characteristic C011 to C013, C023 and C024
- Social Conditions C031, C032, C034, C035, C038 and C039
- Employment C061
- Details Concerning Finance C081
- Other Kinds of Data and Information C131 and C132
- Time Period, Area, Target and Way of Use:
- Time Period: the duration of the specific purposes of collecting personal information, or the time period as stipulated by the laws (for example, Business Entity Accounting Act), or the time period required for MiTAC Holdings to carry out the business activities (if the required period is longer than the one stipulated by laws), or the time period provided in an individual contract.
- Target: MiTAC Holdings and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, business partners and third parties on its behalf, judicial authorities, authorities which have investigation rights according to the laws, other recipients of internationally transmitted personal information who are not restricted by the central competent authorities, or any other trading counterparties of MiTAC Holdings who have the need to collect, process, use and internationally transmit the relevant personal information.
- Area: the place where the aforesaid person or entity the Personal Information is provided with is located, whether domestically or abroad.
- Method/Way: to collect, process, internationally transmit and use the personal information through automatic machines or by other non-automatic measures (such as the use of the hardcopy, electronic document or other appropriate measures based on then applicable technology) according to the Personal Information Protection Act and the relevant laws and regulations.
- Rights you may exercise regarding your personal information: with regard to your personal information provided by you to MiTAC Holdings, you may, subject to the relevant provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act, exercise the rights as follows:
- inquire or request for review or making duplicates of your personal information; a fee may be charged to you by MiTAC Holdings according to the relevant laws;
- request to supplement or correct your personal information; however, you shall provide the adequate explanation according to the relevant laws;
- request to discontinue the collection, processing or use of your personal information, or request to delete your personal information; however, MiTAC Holdings reserves the right to reject your request if it is necessary for its performance of duty or conduct of business, or required by relevant laws and regulations.
- You may submit your inquire or request as set forth herein above by sending emails to email@example.com, MiTAC Holdings will promptly proceed with your inquiry or request.
- You may, at your free discretion, decide whether or not to provide your personal information. However, if you decide not to provide your personal information, MiTAC Holdings or this Website will not be able to provide you with the products or services, or carry out the necessary business activities, proceed with the process or other related services for you; MiTAC Holdings shall have to right to decide or reject to conduct the transactions, business activities or any other related matters with you.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For each visitor to this Website, the server of this Website may automatically recognize and store information, such as the visitor's IP address/domain name combination and any referring websites. We use this information to understand visitor traffic patterns through our websites for purposes such as enhancing their usability. Your computer provides this information automatically each time you log on, unless you've activated blocking technology available in some browsers. When you visit this Website or advertisements appearing thereon, or use one or more of this Website services, we may use an industry-wide technology called "cookies" which stores certain information on your computer and which will allow us to customize your experience to better match your interests and preferences, or to simply facilitate your signing in to use the services. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies, we may not be able to restore any preferences or customization settings you previously specified, and our ability to personalize your online experience would be limited. Please refer to your browser instructions or "help" screen to learn more about these functions.
Also, MiTAC Holdings or third parties on its behalf, may collect information from visits to our websites through the use of "Web Beacons." Web Beacons are electronic web page images that enable us to record data about visits to our website. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience, or customer service. We may include Web Beacons in promotional e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We may also employ Web Beacons from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics and determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. No personal data is collected through the use of Web Beacons on the Website.
Additionally, MiTAC Holdings may ask you to provide "personal information," meaning individually identifiable information such as your e-mail address, name, mailing address, telephone number, social security number, credit card number, or persistent identifier (such as a customer number held in a cookie) which is associated with individually identifiable information, to enable you to participate in contests, chat rooms, on bulletin boards, to fill out a registration, or to order products and services using these websites. We may combine the information you provide on the Website with other information we may collect from you offline or from third parties so that we can more effectively tailor our website, services, and offerings to you. If you provide us with your personal information, please read carefully all the contents of the section “COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION” before providing your personal information.
To personalize our websites, services or communications and improve our products and services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, and experiences with our products or services. Providing this additional information is optional.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless you instruct us otherwise, MiTAC Holdings may contact you to provide information about products, services, promotions, contests, or other activities or offerings that may be of interest to you. You can instruct us whether or not you wish to be contacted by checking or removing the check from the box indicating your preference as applicable at the place where your information is collected, or by other means (such as an e-mail request).
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one of our services may be combined with information obtained through our other services. Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about the Website usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and site content. We will only analyze the uses of the Website users as a whole and will not perform the analysis on an individual-user basis.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We contract with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solution; our suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of MiTAC Holdings and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for MiTAC Holdings. These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers.
We will not share personal information you provided with any other third parties unless: (i) with your consent; (ii) to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities; (iii) to comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order, (iv) to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of MiTAC Holdings; (v) to protect the personal safety or property of our employees, users, or the public; (vi) to handle your order or request, or process our invoice; (vii) to persons or companies with whom MiTAC Holdings contracts to carry out the internal operations of the Website or our related business; or (viii) to comply with the contents of the section “COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION” set forth herein above.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, MiTAC Holdings decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
MiTAC Holdings gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. The choice of whether you want this kind of service is up to you. You can make or change your choices at the data collection point. You may also have the option of proactively making choices by postal mail, e-mail and telephone. We will make every effort to honor your preferences. This option does not apply to communications for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings or driver updates.
COLLECTION AND USE OF CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
MiTAC Holdings is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. MiTAC Holdings does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and MiTAC Holdings does not target its websites to children under 13. It is MiTAC Holdings’ policy to comply with the law when it requires that a parent's or guardian's permission is secured before knowingly collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13. We strongly recommend that parents take an active role in supervising the online activity of their children.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
MiTAC Holdings is committed to protecting the information you provide us. While MiTAC Holdings cannot guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur, rest assured that we will take great care in maintaining the security of your personal information and in preventing unauthorized access to it through the use of appropriate technology and internal procedures. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE